Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Photos from the week 11/10/2013

Sitting in a hut with three children, waiting for the rain to stop. All of these children only spoke Gombe, so I had no way of communicating with them. The older sister took off into the bush when she saw me, but came back a short time later with her dad. Then she even built up enough courage to shake my hand.

This week a few of us took a trip down river to see the last herd of wild hippos left in our river system. After a boat ride, we finally found the small family of hippos next to the forest.

The bridge that washed away is back again! The boards had washed way down stream. The rains should not be strong anymore. We have secured the new wood with re-rod, and attached it to the bank.

A group of young men have been making bricks on the road to CEFA. This week they have begun building them in to a kiln to fire them.

A hen at the farm somehow managed to lay a clutch of eggs in the garage without anyone noticing. She is now sitting on them, observing all the work that goes on.

Another pretty butterfly in the forest.

I don't have a good bird book here, so I cant identify it, but I have been seeing this male bird in full breading plumage every day on my way to work.