Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Back at Gamboula

Happy New Year!
      I celebrated Christmas with my family in Congo just a few days ago, and somehow managed to make it back to Gamboula to welcome in the new year. A few of the missionaries and I stayed up until midnight, where there was very little noise, but the church bell did ring a few times to let people know they had made it to 2014.
      The flight to Cameron and the drive to the CAR were uneventful, which was nice as time was limited, and surprisingly no government people stopped to hassled me for new years money the whole trip. Those who have been around in Central Africa know what I am talking about. 
      It is good to be back, and everything seems normal here despite the happenings in the rest of the country. I have seen many of my friends and coworkers, and even made it out to see the farm since I got back. Things are looking good out there.
      This morning I can hear people shouting new years greetings and children singing, and in just a little while there is going to be a New Year's church service.


Happy 2014