Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

My last glimps of Gamboula

                It is with much sadness that I inform you that the door for me working in the Central African Republic (CAR) has been closed. It has been a long hard week of waiting on the Lord for direction, but in the end the decision has been made for me to finish my term early and return to the United States. With more political problems in the country, my Danforth teammates gone, and the accumulated stress of living there, it is time to leave.
                I would greatly appreciate prayer the next few days, as I will be making a quick two day trip back to Gamboula to get a few personal belongings, and say goodbye. I will then be returning to California sometime in early November. My sister and grandparents live in southern California, and I will be able to spend a little time with them. Beyond that, I don’t yet know where I will be settling, or what I will be doing. A life verse for me has been Psalms 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight". I am trusting that God will direct and provide what I need when I need it.